A school in the borough of Greenwich is seeking an SEN Teaching Assistant to work with secondary age students. The students needs predominantly involve behavioural and health issues. They are seeking somoeone who is strong willed, calm and has a passion for working with special needs.
This will be ideal for any passionate SEN Teaching Assistant that can ensure students education and care is of a high standard.
- As an SEN Teaching Assistant you will be responsible for providing a dynamic range of support for the student with additional needs.
- The chosen SEN Teaching Assistant will be working with students with a statement of special needs including social, emotional or mental health difficulties and pupils who are at the high-functioning end of the Autistic Spectrum.
- The classes are made up around 8 pupils.
- Experience of SEN schedules and plans within schools could be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with challenging behaviour.
- Ability to build a rapport with the student to ensure they are happy and can integrate as fully as possible.
- As an SEN Teaching Assistant you will ensure they can thrive and fully develop their social, cognitive and emotional skills.
- You must have a calming nature and a developed knowledge and understanding of the particular needs of the student.
For this SEN Teaching Assistant position it is ideal if you are:
Qualified with a relevant Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant certification and/or SEN qualifications.
Ideally you will have a grade C or above in English or equivallent but not essential.
Previous experience working with moderate to complex additional needs would be an advantage such as in a care or school based setting.
This post is full time to start ASAP
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and other safeguarding procedures.
If you feel you are suitable for this role, please get in touch we would be happy to hear from you. We here at Apex Education Training strive to find you the perfect work/life balance. So let us know your requirements and we will work with you to find suitable employment in schools.
- Meet you locally at a mutual time and venue
- Assist with CV's or Applications
- Preparation for interviews
- Guidance with your tax and making sure you are on the correct coding
- Personal advisor for continued support and development
- Get you paid to your scales
- Emotional Management
- Special Needs
- Assistant Teaching