SEN Teaching Assistant required ASAP - Walsall
Middle sized primary school that caters for MLD and Autism in Walsall are seeking a SEN Teaching Assistant with SEN experience.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
* Degree qualified or at least Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
* Experience of working with Special needs; Autism and Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH), Moderate to Severe Learning Difficulties, Attachment disorders, Speech Communication Language Needs, ADHD
* Flexible and available for full time work.
* Have a valid DBS on the update service - alternatively you can apply for one through us
* Excellent knowledge and understand of safeguarding policies.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
* The ability to use your initiatives to a variety of situations.
* Caring attitude and a passion to contribute the learning and development of pupils.
* Be a confident person with a warm and friendly approach.
* Able to apply behaviour policies effectively.
Salary and Benefits:
* Competitive daily rates of pay from between £60 - £75
* 24/7 support and feedback from experienced specialist education consultants.
* Exposure and networking opportunities to other schools associated with this school.
* Prospero Teaching is committed to embracing equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants; and shall adhere to such a policy at all times.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant you will need to be flexible as there are opportunities to work across KS1 to KS2. Working alongside the class teacher, on a 1:1 or small group basis supporting the pupils learning.
You may have to prepare the classroom daily, ensuring the appropriate learning resources are available for use by the pupils. You will be able to contribute to the planning of the various after school activities if needed.
I am looking for candidates with a proactive, professional, positive attitude and keen to get stuck in.
For interested candidates, please get in touch with John Doan on or email
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job