*** SEN Lecturer ***
*** ASAP Start ***
We are currently working with an excellent SEN college in Bromley. They are recruiting an experienced lecturer to start ASAP. You will be teaching learners aged 19-25 years old. Working hours will be 8.15am-4.15pm.
The young adults have various needs including ASD, PMLD and SLD. Students have individualised plans and they require dynamic and enthusiastic staff to encourage and uplift.
You will cover other lecturers PPA time and absences. Although most lessons will be planned, it is important you are prepared with your own lesson plans, in case you have to improvise. Most classes will have a number of TAs to offer additional support to students. As well as providing tutorial support, you will also be on hand to offer pastoral support.
Ideally you will have lecturing experience, however the college are open to considering candidates who have a degree with extensive SEN experience as a HLTA or LSA. DTLLS or a PGCE qualification would be advantageous.
The college is accessible from a mainline station and is served by a number of buses.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Current Adult workforce DBS (ideally on the update service)
- DTLLS or PGCE qualification
- Previous college or school experience
- Professional manor
- Enthusiasm and friendly approach
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Keizsha De Jesus Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'