The successful candidate must be passionate about supporting pupils with additional needs, have experience in a care, education or health setting as well as being able to work at least three days a week on a consistent basis.
The successful candidate:
• Will be able to work with pupils between the ages of 3 - 19 with special support needs.
• Will have experience working within an Learning development environment, with experience preferred in working with moderate learning difficulties, speech, language and communication needs.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Literacy and numeracy skills.
• The ability to deal with challenging behaviour.
• Creative and practical skills for activities and displays.
• Additional skills or training in Team Teach, Intensive Interaction, PECs, Makaton and/or Autism Awareness is also preferred but not essential.
• Preparing learning materials under the supervision of the teacher.
• Working inside or outside the classroom with individuals or groups.
• Adapting support according to needs.
• Creating an engaging and stimulating learning environment.
• Feeding back to teachers.
If you feel that you would be a suitable candidate for this role and would like to be considered, then please apply below. If you would like further information regarding the role, then please contact Luke at JBD Recruitment.
- Special Needs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job