Chess are currently looking to recruit a Security Engineer to join our growing team in the Cybersecurity Division based in Bury St Edmunds.
The successful candidate will report into our Technical Director but can be flexible as travel throughout the UK is required for this role.
"a GREAT place to work, a GREAT place to be a customer"
Chess are one of the UK’s leading Voice, Connect, Cloud, Cybersecurity and Digital solution providers,helping over 100,000 businesses grow through innovative technology and expert advice.
Not only do we pride ourselves on our award-winning service, we are extremely proud to have been placed #1 in 'The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for’ list 2018 after 9 consecutive years in the top 100.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Providing pre sales technical advice
- Onsite installations, health checks, upgrades for our product/service portfolio
- Attending sales meetings
- Performing product demonstrations to customers via webex and face to face
- Creating scoping documents for large project installations
- Assisting sales with creating tender documents
- Providing hand over documentation
You will need to demonstrate:
- Strong networking skills (CISCO/Firewalls/Routing)
- Knowledge of Windows, Active Directory and security
- Systems administration experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ideally experience of working in a similar role
- You have a valid UK driving licence and your own car
Basic salary: £35,000 - £39,000 depending on experience, plus car allowance.
Bonus: There is an attractive bonus scheme based upon consultancy work which can equate to £10-18k per annum (after probation). This bonus scheme is uncapped and has great accelerators so realistically an engineer can earn £50-60k per annum once they are fully trained up.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance and Loyalty Scheme, Company Online Benefits - where you can save money on almost all of your lifestyle expenses from buying a car to eating out in a restaurant. In addition, we offer free food each day (breakfast and lunch) and we have wellbeing social clubs with the options to do things such as Yoga, Running, walking.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays
"Play Your Part"
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that "if you’re not growing, we’re not growing".
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess Cybersecurity is the place for you.
- Network Security
- Product Training
- Technical Sales