Here at Next, our Information Security team are looking for a talented Security Architect to join them on a permanent basis. In this role, you will play a key part in the evolution of Next’s security architecture and functions.
This role will provide security guidance for the IT environment with the aim of maturing the company’s infrastructure security policy, process and technology frameworks, improving overall security posture and company-wide security awareness. You will be responsible for providing security related subject matter expertise around a wide range of technologies, applications and business initiatives.
You will be advising key stakeholders and service owners on risk management as well as how to balance security and business requirements. You will also provide expert advice in relation to security incidents and recommending mitigation strategies.
- Provide expertise and guidance on information security for the organisation
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Application Architects to define security requirements, build secure architecture designs, and drive security initiatives
- Provide guidance and direction in all aspects of design, creation, and testing approaches
- Maintain and enhance knowledge, ensuring continually up to date with the latest security risks, threats and solutions as well as business and industry trends
- Recommend and design security infrastructure, supporting security engineers with the implementation
- Review project designs providing security recommendations and steer
- Help support compliance, PCI/DSS , IS Security policies, standards and controls
- Act as incident escalation for security incidents providing expertise to address issues, support and advise analysts, conduct post incident investigations to resolution, and help amend any processes or procedures to enhance protection against future exploits/vulnerabilities
- 5+ years of proven Information Technology experience with strong understanding of network protocols, server infrastructure and system design
- Solid and demonstrable comprehension of Information Security including malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management
- Knowledge of information system architecture and security controls (i.e. firewalls and border router configurations, operating systems configurations, wireless architectures)
- Project delivery experience
- Ability to convert high level requirements into technical designs that are commercially viable and suit their operating environment
- Able to convey a technical solution to senior management in a clear and concise manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic thinker with proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- A team player who is hardworking and self-motivated
- Ability to effectively plan and priorities workloads, and to measure and report on current progress
- Must adhere to and promote team standards including documentation
- Hold or working towards a recognised and relevant Information Security certification (i.e. CISSP, SSCP)
- Experience of working with recognised IT Security standards and frameworks such as PCI-DSS or ISO27001
- Application development and/or testing experience
- Understanding and experience of working for a Retail company
- Experience mentoring other team members
- Technical Design
- Project Delivery
- Technical Solution Design
- Information Security
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"