** Science technician vacancy
** Immediate start
** Temporary post
** School based in East London
A secondary free school based in East London require a full-time, temporary Science Technician who has experience in a similar post, and is familiar with school lab equipment. You will join a well-resourced and collaborative Science department in a school where students are well motivated.
The Science department has a strong record of success and are looking for a committed and enthusiastic technician to join them for immediately, initially for 6 weeks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A current DBS (Registered to the update service)
- a confident and friendly approach
- A background in Science.
- Experience in a variety of classroom settings.
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
- Assist in the preperation of classes within the Science department.
- Provide support for pupils to ensure outstanding achievement and progress for exam groups and promote enjoyment and participation in the subject for non-exam groups.
- Show flexibility, innovation and intelligence in responding to the needs of the pupils and school as a whole.
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.