Are you an inspirational secondary Teaching Assistant who is compassionate, dedicated and knowledgeable? If you think this could be you, CER, as part of our new Specialist School Support service, is looking to recruit teaching assistants to work in secondary mainstream schools across the Wirral. Our Specialist School Support service is about providing specially selected Teaching Assistants and Learning Mentors to provide support to the wide range of young peoples' needs in the classroom and beyond. As an ex-English teacher, I understand how vital the support you give can be to the ongoing success of students. TAs and LMs can often be the inspirational presence vulnerable students need to successfully transition through each key stage of their educational career and beyond.
Like any position, the more experience you have the better, may that be working with student with BESD, MLD, ASD, EAL, etc. Team Teach is also highly desirable, but not a prerequisite. Of course, any experience level will be considered as here at CER we believe that everyone has the potential to develop on a professional level. That is why, as one of the leading recruitment agencies within the education sector, CER offers on going CPD to our successful candidates which can be accessed through our website at any time. Some of the courses we have available are Behaviour Management, Managing SEN, Managing Extremes of Behaviour, etc. So as well as working for one of the leading recruitment companies in the country, you will have the opportunity to develop your career!
Some of the skills you will need are:
- A commitment to working and supporting students of differentiating abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Managing confrontation and difficult behaviour.
- A firm understanding of the support needs of students with learning difficulties, disabilities or mental health difficulties.
- Excellent organisational
- Good IT skills.
- A firm understanding of safeguarding legislation and the importance of confidentiality.
- A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one.
- Positive, energetic and enthusiastic outlook.
Some of the benefits working with CER:
- Dedicated consultant who is committed to finding you the right assignment which will be well supported throughout.
- The opportunity to earn £250 through our recommend a friend scheme (terms and conditions apply).
If you believe that you fit what we are looking for, want the opportunity to develop your career potential and want to find your next exciting career opportunity, send me a copy of your CV today or call me directly on .
- Secondary Teaching Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job