We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a School Nurse to work with children and young people with autism and learning difficulties.
The successful candidate will care for all the health needs of the children, encourage a healthy lifestyle for children and staff and liaise with other team members/professionals in the school.
Main duties & responsibilities include:
- Observing, assessing and monitoring the children’s health, development and emotional wellbeing, initiating action when necessary.
Ensuring medication and prescriptions are up to date and available as needed with recognised signatories.
Maintaining accurate heath records of all episodes of contact with a child.
Liaising with GPs, surgeries and other health professionals, together with supervision of visits by doctors and other health professionals to the school and visits required to hospitals and surgeries in the community.
Contact with parents concerning the health needs of their children.
Order medication for GP and support staff training in the dispensing of medication.
Offer advice and treatment for minor injuries.
Some weekend working as part of the care management team.
- Work up to 2 on-calls per month as part of the Children’s Services Manager’s on-call rota. This will usually entail sleeping at the school 2 nights per month but may be more if required.
Successful candidates should have:
- Professional Nurse qualification Level 1
- Current registration with NMC
- Evidence of CPD
- Minimum of 1 year clinical experience
- Evidence of good practice
- Office/admin skills
- Own transport would be advantageous
If you are interested in working for a quality driven employer, offering excellent benefits to their team (including 7 weeks paid holiday), please apply now as immediate interviews are available.
- School Health