Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives
Scheme Manager – Part Time
Oak Tree Court, Kettering
Actual salary pro rata £18,293 per annum (rising to £19,415 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
A 2 bedroom flat, including water rates and on site parking is provided rent free
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Scheme Manager to join our well established Homeownership team in Kettering. You will be part of a large team, who are responsible for providing support to maintain residents’ wellbeing and independence, together with delivering a quality housing management service. If you are highly motivated, compassionate and enjoy working with people, this could be the role for you.
The role of Scheme Manager will include:
- Supporting and encouraging residents to maintain their wellbeing and independence
- Undertaking wellbeing checks on residents and making contact with vulnerable clients on a regular basis
- Maintaining cost effective services in line with budgetary requirements
- Monitoring service contracts and taking appropriate action when services are unsatisfactory
- Undertaking compliance checks and scheme inspections to ensure a safe and secure environment is maintained
- Identifying potential repairs and faults in the scheme, ensuring they are reported and monitored
Skills and experiences:
- Previous management experience preferably within the Housing sector
- Excellent customer service and communicative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and with fast changing requirements
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Previous experience of budget management together with strong negotiation skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) or equivalent
- Occasional travel between schemes will be required; therefore it is essential that candidates hold a full, UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and wellbeing plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- Full time equivalent salary £19,600 per annum
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 20 February 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job