Job Title : Sales Representative
Reporting To : The Chairman
Hours : 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday. Candidates are expected to be flexible with their working hours in order to meet customers’ needs.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sales Representative / Account Handler to join Sheringhams Fine Foods Ltd. Based in South West London and with a fleet of more than 50 vehicles, we deliver fresh fruit and vegetables to hotels/schools/restaurants etc across Greater London and the Home Counties.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years sales experience, specifically in fresh fruit and vegetable distribution. The main purpose of this role will be look after an existing portfolio of customers, and to build on that portfolio by generating new leads and opening new accounts.
- Manage an existing portfolio of customers, ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Develop new business leads and open new accounts.
- Ensure that monthly profit margin targets are met.
- Develop relationships with both existing customers and potential customers.
- Manage all aspects of setting up new customers, including confirming delivery requirements (days / times / special requirements), completing new account forms and credit application forms.
- Assist in the submission of new business tenders.
- Assist in negotiating/setting prices for customers.
- Review monthly debtors list and ensure good credit control at all times.
Experience and Skills Required
- Minimum 3 years previous sales experience in the fruit and veg sector required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to follow procedures accurately, whilst maintaining a fluid approach and adapting to fit varying circumstances.
- Driving license required.
- Business Development
- Account Handlers
- Fresh Produce