Inplace Personnel are currently recruiting for a Sales Negotiator to work for one of our successful, fast paced and busy client based in Chesterfield.
You will be required to undertake the following duties and have the following responsibilities:
1. To manage him/herself in accordance with Health & Safety and Food Safety legislation.
2. To carry out approx 80 to 100 telephone calls per day endeavouring to obtain new business, and to re-instate business that has lapsed. This is monitored weekly and used to assess your performance in this role as a Key Performance Indicator.
3. To create profitable new sales for our range of teas, coffees and vending products, initially by offering free samples to potential new wholesale customers (For example, Caterers, Restaurants, Hotels and other Commercial Catering Establishments).
4. To have the responsibility of converting sales leads by telephone into on-going sales by means of special introductory offers and competitive price quotations, following the Sales Flow Chart which accompanies this Job Description. This is monitored weekly and used to assess your performance in this role as a Key Performance Indicator.
5. Occasionally, meetings are requested in our shop by certain customers. You are required to be available for these meetings and to use your knowledge of our products and services to gain business from these customers.
6. The target sales that we expect to be generated from the calls you make are an average of 2 new orders per working day. This is monitored weekly and used to assess your performance in this role as a Key Performance Indicator.
7. To carry out any other tasks which may be reasonably expected of this post, as requested by the Directors and with his/her agreement.
8. Reports to the Operations Manager and Directors.
For the avoidance of doubt, the criteria by which your performance in this role will be assessed are:
- Punctuality & adherence to designated hours of work
- Personal Appearance and Presentation
- Attitude towards tasks to be carried out
- Application towards tasks carried out.
- Personal Compliance with Food Safety and Health and Safety Legislation
- Making between 80 and 100 effective telephone calls per day. (Key Performance Indicator)
- Obtaining an average of 2 new wholesale orders per day. (Key Performance Indicator)
- The range of products that is sold to each customer.
- The continuity of customers ordering patterns of customers you call (Key Performance Indicator)
- Knowledge of our products and services and those of our competitors.
- Whether there is an increase in business efficiency, sales and profit.
Hours: 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
Basic salary plus £10 commission paid on each new order gained at a value of £30 or over
Holidays: 28 Days paid holiday per annum including Bank Holidays
If you are interested in this permanent position then please apply or contact Natalie on