Your new company
A wholesale supplier of baking ingredients and ancillary non-food goods to the food industry across Wales. This organisation has been growing and is continually looking to expand. You will be an integral part of the growth of this business in the intermediate to long term. You will have the freedom to shape your team as you should choose.
Your new role
As part of the Senior Management Team, the Customer Sales Manager will be fully involved in helping ensure this organisation delivers strong performance, delivers excellent service, and generates good returns for our customer members. As well as looking after and developing your own key customer accounts, you will be directly responsible for optimising the company's sales function, comprising our team of Customer Account Managers and our Customer Services Team, increasing sales with both existing and new customers, whilst maintaining required sales margins.
- Deliver successful and profitable sales and margin contributions in line with, or exceeding, financial forecasts
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business, identifying actions to mitigate risks and to develop opportunities
- In conjunction with the General Manager and the Purchasing Manager, develop and refine the procurement and sales strategies, to ensure the business carries an appropriate product portfolio and linked stocking levels
- Actively contribute to the development of the company's Marketing Strategy and activity plan
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
- Be responsible and accountable for developing and executing business tactics to deliver growth in accordance with our strategic plans
- Take personal responsibility for all aspects of our services to a select number of our biggest customers, including actively engaging with them on a regular basis
- Lead, manage, develop, and support the individual Customer Accounts Managers and the Customer Services Team, ensuring them are kept well informed, motivated, and equipped to achieve best performance to meet the company's needs.
- Prepare regular reports on whole company sales activity and the forward plans developed by the sales team
- Collate feedback provided through direct contact with customers, and ensure this is shared with Senior Management Team and Marketing Executive
- Provide support to Purchasing Manager to ensure that processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality, and delivery targets, enabling the company to function and compete effectively in the market. To include, terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalisation of supply chain solutions including vendor managed inventory, supplier consignments and safety of stock
- In collaboration with the Purchasing Manager, develop direct relationships with key suppliers to facilitate quick responses to customer enquiries
- Drive continuous improvement, best value, and quality improvements within the team and across the company, challenging existing practices and actively seeking ways to achieve better outcomes
- Adhere to any instruction given by General Manager
- be responsibility for Health & Safety of yourself and others, particularly in relation to operational and quality procedures
- assist with training of others when required
- undertake temporary cover arrangements in any area of our territory, if required
- carry out any ad-hoc projects requested
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous Sales Experience is essential.
- Happy to get involved in the day to day and managing major accounts
- Knowledge of Food Industry
What you'll get in return
- Development - open to candidates looking to step into sales management and the client is willing to support this
- £35k - £45k, £500 per month Car Allowance and up to 10k (yearly) Commission.
- Free parking on site
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'