Overview - order processing and administrative tasks
- Within the Orders Department, to join the current team. Principal tasks are to process customer orders with the parent company in Europe and with third party UK suppliers and to organise deliveries to customers and sites in the UK, including verbal and written customer support services such as delivery updates, feedback surveys, obtaining support documentation, all in accordance with company procedures.
- Also to undertake Orders Department administrative tasks and to assist colleagues within the Department with any other tasks required during busy or holiday times.
- The successful candidate will take an active part in departmental and office meetings and assist in the streamlining of existing procedures to reinforce and enhance excellent customer service.
Key tasks / main duties
- To process customer orders using in-house sales order and accounting software program.
- To place orders for materials coming from the factory with parent company in Europe by logging them directly on to the ordering system.
- To place orders for materials coming from third party suppliers using our in-house sales order processing software.
- To liaise with our factory, hauliers, suppliers and customers to arrange delivery of goods to sites across the UK and to process delivery notifications. Note there are plans to introduce a delivery tracking process and the incumbent will be involved in this project.
- To assist with checking and collating order/delivery documentation with supplier invoices and ensure accurate, checked information is delivered to the accounts department to meet their deadlines.
- To keep colleagues updated (specifically the technical sales managers) on any matters they need to be aware of regarding the site, deliveries, product supply, etc.
- To cover colleagues’ work within the Orders Department when they are on annual leave or out of the office attending meetings.
Experience in customer service -sales order processing and delivery coordination.
Good level of computer literacy and experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Full training will be given on in-house systems.
- Customer Service