Job Title: Sales Ledger Clerk
Package: Negotiable + bonus and other company benefits
A position has arisen within the Finance Department of a highly driven, fast growing Financial Services SME. We are seeking an experienced Sales Ledger Clerk to oversee and take responsibility for the end-to-end sales order system.
Ideally candidates will have worked for an SME and had at least two years’ experience in a Finance team with responsibility for the Sales Ledger.
We are looking for candidates who are numerate, highly efficient, process-oriented, organised, customer-focused individuals.
The successful candidates must be able to prioritise their workload to meet deadlines, enjoy a lively working environment, handle pressure, yet maintain a sense of calm and professionalism at all times. They need to be utterly reliable, take pride in their work, be able to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion.
Duties of A Sales Ledger Clerk:
- Overseeing and monitoring the progress of income through our Accounting system.
- Checking deadlines for payments are met.
- Take credit card payments.
- Receive and process cheques.
- Inputting sales receipts into the system.
- Post to cash ledger and reconcile against invoices.
- Reconcile income receipts against Bank Statements.
- Generate and distribute receipts for confirmed payments.
- Receive and publish internally end of daily sales receipts summary.
- Generating regular cash and sales input summaries.
Desired Skills and Experience of A Sales Ledger Clerk:
- Strong Microsoft (Word, Outlook) skills, especially Excel (ability to do pivot tables, etc…).
- At least two years’ experience within a Sales Ledger role or Finance Department.
- Accurate, with a good eye for detail and excellent numerate, verbal and written skills.
- Customer focused… ie putting the needs of the customer (internal or external) first.
- Enthusiastic, reliable, self-motivated and driven.
- Flexible, 'can-do’ attitude with ability to prioritise work and manage own workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Sage Accountancy package.
- Immediate start if possible.
- Financial Services