Simpson Millar LLP recognise that everyone wants a service that suits their needs, which is why we have developed a range of products and services that are simple, transparent and have no hidden surprises.We provide a wide range of legal services, including: Family, Clinical Negligence, Personal Injury, Public Law, conveyancing, employment, road traffic accidents and holiday claims.
We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic graduates/paralegals to join our vibrant and energetic legal team working on our Personal Injury cases within our Manchester office. No experience is necessary although evidence of working in claims before would be advantageous. Full training will be provided.
Our Paralegal role will be to process claims in an efficient and effective manner through to conclusion, taking advantage of the beneficial and supportive working environment and focused case management tools available.
Paralegal Key Responsibilities:
- Managing a caseload of GPI claims using an automated, lean and efficient case workflow to achieve the best possible outcome for the client and the firm
- To select the most appropriate pre-defined case plan, at all key stages of the case
- Drafting of court documentation throughout the litigation process
- Attendance at routine directions/interlocutory hearings in person or adequately delegate where appropriate
- To understand and meet stated operational measures for the role, to include (but not exclusively):
- Cash collection
- Case durations
- Operational touch time
- To seek technical / supervisor input as required and where the process determines
- To adopt a culture of clear, consistent and full data provision within the working environment
- To help identify continuous improvement to the operational function with regards to process, commercial and tactical practice
- Support the continuous improvement and ongoing development of an automated, lean and efficient case workflow
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation and information.
- Maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care
- Maintain good professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations
- Adhere to and to promote compliance to the professional Code of Conduct; to the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; to legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
- Through training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice
- To assist in the smooth transition of cases in particular by identifying any cases which might be subject to a non-fixed costs regime that could be dealt with in a more profitable area
No experience is necessary although evidence of working in claims before would be advantageous. Full training will be provided
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity to be our Paralegal click ‘apply’.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.