RTA Paralegal - Route to Training Contract
Job Title: RTA Paralegal - Assistant to Partner
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Are you an experienced RTA Paralegal with excellent academics? Do you feel ready to make the next step up into more complex work? Do you want to be working towards a genuine opportunity of a training contact? If so, read on!
The Company are currently looking to recruit a paralegal to assist the Head of their RTA department with their varied and complex case load including significant litigated multi track matters. This will be a challenging paralegal role that will get you involved in very complex cases, gaining first-hand experience of high end matters. Working closely with one of their leading partners this will be a fantastic opportunity to learn and develop from one of their top litigators.
Historically holders of this paralegal role have gone on to gain training contracts within 6 to 12 months and you will have the opportunity to discuss your progression towards this at one of your quarterly reviews. The partner themselves went from paralegal to partner with six years.
They are a modern & innovative personal injury law firm based in Northenden. They are a top 200 UK Law firm and are recognised in the Legal 500 Leading Firms for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. They have with an excellent reputation in the market and are rated highly on Trust Pilot. Client care is at the heart of everything they do and they pride themselves in their work helping injured people.
- Chasing by telephone e.g. medical records, police reports, engineer assessments, client statements
- Detail checking. Making sure the initial attendance is accurate. Keeping the case management file fully up to date
- Client care
- Document analysis. Research, review of expert reports, review of denials, quantum reviews, drafting of court documentation, attending applications, attending conferences, taking notes
- Witness statements
- Weekly reviews with supervisors
- Four monthly appraisals to discuss you and your career
- Task management. You will be supporting a lawyer and their clients
What they're looking for:
- LPC Graduate with strong legal academic achievement, minimum 2.1 and commendation
- Relevant RTA work experience, handling own caseload, ideally with litigation experience
- A desire for helping injured people as well as strong commercial acumen
- A willingness to learn and progress
- Professionalism, maturity and aptitude for client handling and ability to deal with pressure
They are looking for their Trainee Solicitors of the future, so they need to see the correct skills. They offer an uncapped number of Trainee Solicitors, and they offer rolling admittance dates throughout the year.
What they can offer you:
- Personal Injury Academy - the first 3 weeks of your employment will be a bespoke face to face training induction plan, equipping you with a solid foundation to progress and achieve in the role from the outset. This is an unrivalled and unparalleled offering
- Thereafter you will have further in-depth training on Personal Injury litigation modules throughout your journey to a training contract
- Their trainers include 2 Partners with over 62 years combined PQE gained in Personal Injury litigation, an IT Trainer and a Trainer. Together your induction plan on black letter law, soft skills, IT skills and call handling skills will be delivered
- Weekly reviews with supervisors and 3 formal appraisals per annum to discuss you and your career
8:30am - 5:30pm Monday - Thursday and 8:30am - 5pm Friday
Holidays & Benefits
The Company always endeavour to recruit and retain the best staff around. To do so they offer competitive remuneration packages, ongoing training and development opportunities and a wide variety of interesting and challenging work. Additionally, they also offer the following incentives:
- Excellent regular training including away days
- Fast track training contract opportunity
- Strong development opportunities and regular supervision
- 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. Additional 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with contributory payments by the Company above that of auto-enrolment
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Life Assurance policy - 2 x basic salary - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Escape Rooms, annual quiz night, Christmas party, and a biennial Summer Party
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roof garden, Table Tennis, Free fruit delivered twice a week and more
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Training Plan, Junior Paralegal, Trainee Solicitor, Legal Assistant, Litigation Assistant, Legal Executive, Legal Support Assistant, Paralegal, Legal Executive, Legal Handler, Legal Secretary, Legal Aid will also be considered for this role.
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Aid
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Executive
- Trainee Solicitor
- Training Plan
- Legal Support Assistant
- Litigation Assistant
- Legal Handler
- Junior Paralegal
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'