36 hours per week x 2, Fixed term to 31 January 2019
You will aim to maximise income to the council through a range of administrative and accounting procedures, including visits, in relation to the administration and collection of Council Tax, Business Rates and Service Accounts. This will involve considerable liaison with a number of outside agencies and members of the public.
Working as part of a team, you will work within the legislation and broad framework of council policy using discretion and initiative across a range of accounting activities, particularly in contributing and assisting in the most appropriate action required to ensure the provision of a quality service to customers.
A practical knowledge of the relevant legislation and council policies in relation to local government taxes and the benefits scheme, experience in scheduling and prioritising your workload along with good communication skills and experience of explaining complex information to customers and external agencies by telephone, in writing and in person are essential.
The skills and knowledge you must have:-
- Institute of Revenues, Rating and Valuation (IRRV) Technician’s Qualification / SVQ Level III or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- Be able to demonstrate a, practical knowledge of the relevant legislation and council policies in relation to local government taxes and the benefits scheme.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in scheduling and prioritising own workload.
- Working on own initiative be able to make decisions on complex cases to assist customers.
- Good communication skills and experience of explaining complex information to customers and external agencies by telephone, in writing and in person.
- Demonstrate a practical experience of various office and computer systems relating to the administration and collection of local taxes and Service Accounts.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job