Location: Various (London)
This hospice is the UK’s oldest hospice, providing compassionate end of life care to people at their in-patient centre and supporting patients and families in the community across seven London boroughs. As a valued charity, the hospice makes a difference to the lives of thousands of people with a life limiting condition.
You will be joining at a time when their retail operations matter more than ever. Their shops are instrumental in providing a sustainable source of income to support the work of the hospice, and they need motivated, forward thinking shop managers to make this happen.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven record in retailing with line manager responsibility. Comprehensive knowledge of current trends and brands, a flair for visual merchandising and an ability to utilise KPI’s to drive performance will be crucial for the role. You will be self- motivated, organised, enjoy working with people, and thrive on the opportunity to run your own shop.
Shop manager responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- maximising sales from donated and other goods and aiming to achieve the agreed income targets
- controlling expenditure and using financial data to monitor performance against targets
- achieving required merchandising/ display standards
- maintaining a high standard of housekeeping
- engaging with retail campaigns to maximise the positive outcome on the shop
- delivering exceptional customer service and motivating a team of volunteers to do the same
- engaging with the local community and creating and maintaining relationships with local businesses
Good high street retail experience is essential for the role, as is the ability to manage your own budget and show initiative in all aspects of running the shop. At an exciting time to join the organisation, we are looking for a capable and ambitious person to obtain maximum contribution from the shops to support and grow the work of the hospice.
What benefits do they offer?
- Hospice embraces flexible working. You give your best when your job fits in with your lifestyle and family commitments.
- Their modern, well-resourced Hospice boasts superb facilities for patients and their families, and a pleasant working environment for their staff.
- Staff benefit from regular social committee events; subsidised gym membership; a cycle to work scheme; interest free season ticket loan after six month probation
- Company pension scheme.
- They offer a supportive team and on-going opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Hospice provides a free life assurance scheme.
For further information about how we use and share your personal data, please see the Royal Trinity Hospice Website
- Customer Service