Residential Houseparent needed ASAP for Brand New Specialist School in Seaford.
Your new company
A special school providing education and care to students with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties some of whom have associated learning difficulties. The Students ages range from 9-16+ years and require a stimulating curriculum with opportunities to improve their academic and social skills within a nurturing environment to prepare them effectively for the adult world. Houseparents will work within a team to support the students outside the classroom environment promoting the importance of education whilst assisting the development of appropriate social skills
Your new role
- To contribute to the whole schools approach in providing a safe environment within which all students can live and learn.
- To organise and supervise a wide range of recreational activities taking account of all aspects of Health and Safety whilst working within a clearly defined budget.
- To attend weekly meetings with Head Of care and other members of the care team to discuss student development; areas of concern and strategies to manage behaviour and improve school attendance.
- To support the students to take responsibility for their personal care and school clothing
What you'll need to succeed
- To maintain a non judgemental approach to the students and their families
- To possess a Level 3 Health & Social Care Qualification
- To work effectively as part of a team
- to be able to write a rage of reports to a high standard
- To act as an ambassador for the school and to present at all times, as a positive role model to the students and staff of the school
What you'll get in return
You will finish your work satisfied that you have made positive difference to a young person's life. You will be paid a competitive wage, based on your experience and the responsibilities of each assignment. In addition to this you will gain the opportunity to further your experience and skill-set within the social care sector in order to develop a successful and rewarding career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.