On behalf of our client, a preferred supplier of antibody discovery, engineering libraries and technologies, Agenda is looking to recruit an experienced Research Scientist/Senior Scientist to join their team. Working for this advanced company you will contribute towards achieving the company’s goal of enabling clients to be successful in drug development.
- PhD or equivalent with a minimum 2 years’ experience of relevant antibody selection and characterisation experience (Scientist) or 4 years in either pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries (Senior Scientist)
- Experience in antibody selection using phage and/or other in vitrodisplay systems
- Antibody screening and characterization experience using ELISA and Alphascreen or HTRF, affinity determination (BIAcore, Octet) and protein stability assays.
- Mammalian cell culture experience, including cell line maintenance, transfection, selection and cloning would be desirable
- Analytical flow cytometry (FACS) background, including experiment controls selection, instrument use and data processing/reporting
- Experience using next-generation sequencing for antibody repertoire mining for monitoring of selections.
- Previous line management experience of direct reports (Senior Scientist)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver projects against agreed plans and quality targets
- Be responsible for maintaining expected levels, both personally and in the team of laboratory practices, record keeping and HSE standards
- Possess high-level practical skills and technical knowledge specific to the areas of your responsibility
- Demonstrate high motivation and productivity in a dynamic collaborative environment
- Be able to demonstrate keen attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.
- Drug Development
- Scientific Background