Reporting Accountant - 15 months FTC
Walker Andersen are working with a leading insurer based in West London.
The successful candidate will need to manage the accurate production of the external UK financial reporting, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and industry regulations. The candidate will need to interpret, communicate new reporting regulations and drive a consistent approach to financial processes.
- Prepare the statutory accounts and maintain supporting records for companies within the UK Group structure.
- Manage and co-ordinate the data capture, preparation, review and delivery of the regulatory and industry returns in accordance with prescribed dates, particularly the periodic returns made to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Association of British Insurers (ABI), Office of National Statistics (ONS).
- Reconcile statutory accounts to the SAP ledger and the UK GAAP files and ensure all relevant adjustments are recorded in the ledger.
- Prepare Solvency II reporting templates.
- Work cross functionally to build, test and implement automated solutions for preparation of the Statutory and regulatory returns from Unified SAP and TIA.
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACC (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in insurance sector (desirable not essential)
- Ability to self manage
- Ability to co-ordinate across other departments and European branches to achieve reporting objectives.
- Communicate with external parties including auditors, supplier and regulatory bodies.
- Communicate effectively with employees at all levels including senior management and executives across the group.
To apply click below.
- Solvency II
- UK GAAP
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job