Registered Children’s Home Manager
Location: Southampton, SO45
Salary: £28,000 - £48,000 per annum (depending on experience and qualification)
Contract: Full time, Permanent
About the company:
New Forest Care is a private organisation of approximately 285 employees who provide high quality care to the young people who live within our 11 Children's Homes. All of our homes, crisis service unit and our school are graded as Outstanding/Good by Ofsted
We are now looking for a Registered Children’s Home Manager to work as a member of the Management Team, working as part of the Senior Management Team leading the care division towards the overall corporate strategic vision and priorities for operational development, planning and delivery.
Duties of the Registered Children’s Home Manager:
- To develop a client orientated system of care, which will provide all young people with the opportunity to make responsible choices about themselves.
- To be responsible for the overall welfare and development of young people within the Home.
- To provide a caring, supportive and enabling environment where young people can learn and develop to their full potential.
- To demonstrate an understanding and show awareness of adolescent behaviour, ethnic, gender and sexuality issues, in relation to the young people in care.
- To keep their home manager and the HR manager informed and updated of any health issues that may prevent them from undertaking their duties or affect the proper performance of their duties.
- To undertake 'On Call duties’ as required
- To demonstrate a working knowledge of childcare legislation.
- Monitor the quality of childcare delivered.
- To participate in meetings with young people’s Social Workers and other professionals when required.
- To develop appropriate links with families of the young people in our care.
- To facilitate good relations with the local neighbourhood.
- To implement and monitor New Forest Care’s health and safety policy and fire procedures.
- To ensure that New Forest Care’s equal opportunities policies are operated by all staff and residents.
- Maintain good communication with treatment and education team.
- To undertake any other duty commensurate with the post as requested by your line manager.
- To undertake daily/ weekly and monthly checks in all areas, ensuring quality across the Care Home.
- To take responsibility for ensuring the Home’s staffing is in place appropriate to the needs of the young people.
Requirements of the Registered Children’s Home Manager:
- Level 5 in Leadership and Management (or working towards this qualification)
- Strong knowledge in children home regulation 2015 legislation
- Confident, reliable and hands-on approach
- Excellent communication skills with great energy and passion characteristic
- Experience working with children with Social Emotional Mental Health
- Experience working with external agencies including Ofsted
- Clean driving licence required
Registered Children’s Home Manager Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Mileage expense
- Mobile phone allowance
- 5.6 weeks holiday per annum
- Pension Scheme
- In house training provided
- An opportunity to work for a growing company with excellent environment and team
- Outstanding training & career development opportunities with continuous support
- Recognised for achieving Investor in people - Gold
New Forest Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People as we follow a safer recruitment process. Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Registered Children’s Home Manager role is right for you then please apply today!
- Health Care
- Social Care
- Home Manager
- Children's Home Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'