Location East and West Sussex and Hampshire
Number of Homes in Region | 2
Salary and package on offer | circa£65 - £75k plus bonus/car allowance,
Athona Recruitment are excited to currently be working with one of the UK's leading providers of elderly care and we are recruiting for a Regional Manager
The Elderly Care division has the second highest level of Private Pay income of the major operators in the UK and is focused on the growth potential of the Private Pay market the Division also has a significant number of new commission properties that will open during 2015/16 and 17. Unlike most of its competitors, Our Client has a stable and focused management
The Region has 6 established and successful Care Homes in the East/West Sussex &Hampshire areas, providing nursing and dementia care to over 320 private and funded residents. Caring Homes has a positive and proactive relationship with LA/CCG’s and we meet frequently with the commissioners.
The Regional Manager requires significant experience as a Regional and Home manager.
Our Client has a positive and proactive relationship with LA/CCG’s and we meet frequently with the commissioners. The Regional Manager requires significant experience as a Regional and Home manager.
The CQC outcome required is 'Good’ in all the Homes. The local reputation in the counties is positive and the CQC inspector relationship is very good. Focus for the region is to achieve a 'Good’ Rating initially at all of the Homes and then to plan and execute a move to 'outstanding’ on follow-up inspections. The Region is designed to ensure that the Home Managers receives the maximum amount of support from their Regional Manager and time is available to continuously review resident and commercial outcomes.
Specification and Objectives
• • Retention target of below 35% for all staff
• • Good CQC Outcomes followed by a plan to attain Outstanding
• • Develop private pay market
• • Private and funded mix of residents are the main focus to grow the private percentage
• • Develop LA’s and CCG’s relationships
• • High quality nurse required with excellent people skills - staff stability is key
• • Achieve Region commercial targets
• • CQC compliance to be Good followed by Outstanding
• • Nurse &care retention to be 35% or better in each Home
• • Increase private residents by 20% in the region
Regional Manager Person Specification Essential Requirements
• • Relevant qualifications i.e. RGN, RMN, NVQ 4 in Care.
Skills and Abilities
• • Is commercially astute
• • Demonstrates the flexibility and adaptability to changing business conditions
• • Understands and has sound working knowledge of external regulatory bodies.
• • Good verbal and written communication skills.
• • Ability to follow guidelines and policies
• • Measures performance and takes appropriate action
• • Numerate; financial literacy
• • Able to plans tactically and execute effectively
• • Resilient and self-reliant
• • Able to engage with stakeholders, to identify their service needs and review the quality of services provisions
• • Focus on delivery under pressure at pace
• • Sets challenging goals and exceeds them
• • Relevant management experience
• • Experience working within the residential care environment
Essential Knowledge Of The Following
• • Person centred care
• • Confidentiality
• • Sova
• • Equal opportunities (equality and Diversity)
• • Customer care
• • Current care practices as laid down by the CQC
• • Quality of care
• • Quality Assurance
- Manage Multiple