Regional Fire Safety Surveyor
You will be responsible for ensuring fire risk assessment remedial works are delivered on time, to the required standard, conforming to the relevant guidance, standards and legislation. Quality assure the fire risk assessment remedial works across the organisations portfolio to ensure the highest standards are delivered for their customers and provide assurance that in the event of a fire all homes and buildings have been maintained to the required standard.
You will be responsible for providing technical fire safety advice to colleagues across the organisation and be a point of contact for external organisations in relation to fire safety. Providing training and coaching to staff to help support an improved fire safety culture.
1. Manage contractors to ensure they deliver the fire safety programmes on time and to the required standard whilst managing any underperformance as it arises.
2. Provide technical specifications and guidance to contractors to ensure the correct standard of fire safety equipment is installed and maintained.
3. Quality assure remedial actions following a fire risk assessment to ensure fire risk is mitigated across the organisation and contractors are held to account to deliver what works are required.
4. Provide timely and accurate reports to the fire safety manager.
5. Provide technical fire safety guidance to the operational colleagues across the organisation to support an improved fire safety culture.
6. Attend sites to meet with external parties such as the Fire Brigade to represent the organisation and take accountability of actions required in relation to fire safety for the organisation.
7. Liaise with customers to provide fire safety advice and resolve complex complaints in a timely manner.
8. Quality assure fire risk assessments to confirm level of risk and necessary actions to be taken have been captured accurately and articulated appropriately to colleagues across the organisation.
Key experience and qualifications required
1. Must hold valid nationally recognised fire safety qualifications such as - NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management, Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE) or similar.
2. Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the fire safety industry.
3. Must be a professional member of Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE), Graduate (GIFireE) member as a minimum, or similar
Demonstrable extensive knowledge of
• the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and relevant fire safety guidance documents
• active and passive fire safety measures
• the fire risk assessment process
• working with external stakeholders in relation to fire safety, such as the Fire Service
• quality assuring remedial works in relation to fire risk assessments
4. Experience of effectively managing multiple contractors
5. A self-motivated, ambitious team player who is capable of managing their own time.
6. Experience of implementing measures to improve a fire safety culture
7. A valid UK driving licence with access to their own vehicle to travel across Metropolitans portfolio.
Annual salary up to £50k pa plus benefits such as 28days annual leave (Not including bank holidays)
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'