The REED Graduate Training Scheme (GTS) has a record of developing highly successful managers and offers you opportunities to work in three different job functions to help develop you into a well-rounded future leader for the business.
Development Routes for Everyone!
Everyone on the scheme will choose an operational role for their first year in one of our three main companies.
- Recruitment Consultant in one of our Reed Specialist Recruitment (RSR) offices: Nationwide locations & On-Target-Earnings (OTE) of around £3-5K in year one
- Media Sales Executive for the UK's leading online job board (reed.co.uk): Central London or Manchester locations and expected first year bonus income of around £6-10K
- Employment Adviser working on welfare to work contracts supporting long-term unemployed into work (Reed in Partnership): Nationwide locations (NB no commission/bonuses for this role)
Rotation Opportunities & Progression Routes (Years 2 & 3): Stick or Switch
Enjoy your role, money-driven and keen to move in to management?
The recruitment industry and REED itself are meritocratic by nature, and so those who perform well and show a desire for management will have opportunities to progress rapidly up into roles such as Senior Desk Partners, Team Leaders and Team Managers whilst on the scheme.
You will also have opportunities for additional industry-leading training courses such as our Future Leaders Programme or Management Academy.
Want to try a different kind of challenge?
After a successful first year on our training scheme, if you decide the operational management route isn’t quite the right path for you, we’ll help find the right role. Rotation opportunities are available across a range of areas (dependent on business needs at the time), typically including roles such as (not limited to):
IT: Business Analysts, Project Managers
HR: HR Assistants, HR Project Executives
Finance: Finance Assistants, Finance Analysts, Tax Assistants
Marketing: Marketing Executives, CRM Assistants, Product Development Teams
The Graduate Training Scheme and University Placement Year are even managed by scheme members on their 2nd and 3rd year rotation roles.
Rotation opportunities are available to everyone, regardless of background. Whilst your qualifications and prior experience will of course influence hiring decisions, performance in your first year roles at REED and your ability to influence and impress internal stakeholders could well hold more power. For example we have an HR Assistant with a Criminology degree and a Finance Executive with a Bachelors in Ancient History!
Remuneration & Other Key Benefits
- £23,000 (£27,000 in Central London) with a £1,000 joining bonus.
- A basic salary increase 9 months into each year on the scheme. By the end of the three years you will be on an average base salary of £30,000.
- Sponsorship to complete a Professional Qualification of your choice, such as CIPD, CIM, CMI, Prince2, or the Harvard HBX Core Certificate for example.
- A senior manager/director from the business as your personal mentor to help guide and develop your progress.
- Bonus/Commission structures that reward you for your hard work (operational roles in RSR & reed.co.uk only). Last year, our highest earning consultant on the Graduate Training Scheme earned a personal income in excess of £80,000 (not bad for someone who graduated three years ago!).
- Unparalleled on-boarding/training when you start. RSR starters will even be enrolled as Graduate Apprentices and gain an NVQ/similar qualification by the end of their first year.
All new starters begin the scheme with a three-day induction at our dedicated training facility (the Reed Business School) in the Cotswolds where you will meet graduates on the scheme, successful alumni, and a range of directors including our company Chairman James Reed. If you’re really lucky you may even get to meet Sir Alec Reed, who founded the business in 1960 and still stays involved with the business and its charitable causes most days of the week!
What We Want From You
- A 2.1 Bachelors degree or above (any subject)
- Geographical flexibility - location preferences will always be accounted for when arranging placements, but most rotation opportunities will be based in London or Northampton where our Head Offices are located
- Be commercially-minded and show an understanding of the recruitment industry/market
- Be ambitious, with a desire for continual self-improvement and managerial aspirations
- Be target-driven, resilient, and possess exceptional communication skills
Join Reed Specialist Recruitment - Our Brand, Our People, Your Career
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed Specialist Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'