Recruitment Officer - We are supporting an Ipswich based charity who support young people in the community to pursue opportunities to develop and expand on skills with education and sporting activities. We are looking for a National Citizen Service (NCS) Recruitment Officer to recruit young people (16 - 17 year olds) to sign up to the NCS Programme.
You main focus will be to engage schools, parents and young people as well as delivering recruitment events and assemblies to Year 11 and Year 12 students. You will also assist in seasonal staff recruitment and training and manage staff during programme delivery, including residential stays.
As the NCS Recruitment Officer you will be responsible for:
- Building relationships with schools and colleges, including booking and coordinating recruitment events
- Recruiting young people to our NCS via phone or in person to achieve deadlines and targets
- Liaising with Parents/Guardians and other key stakeholders to ensure high sales rates
- Assisting in seasonal staff recruitment, training and development
- Managing the day to day running of various NCS programmes throughout the year
- Ensuring administration completed within agreed deadlines
Key Skills and attributes required:
- Experience in sales and working to targets
- Exceptional communication skills and confident in delivering presentations to large groups
- Background in working with young people and providing a positive role model
- Work to deadlines and cope with demanding situations
- Ability to use initiative and work in a team or independently
- Flexibility needed to work outside out of core office hours during certain recruitment periods
You will need to hold a full UK driving licence and own vehicle to travel to contracted schools and various events. Hold a First Aid at Work Certificate, Risk Assessment Training and Safeguarding through an approved body. You will be required to gain an enhanced DBS certificate.
On offer is a salary of £18,000-£21,000 depending on experience. You will be working 37.5 hours per week (with flexibility to attend recruitment events).
This is an excellent opportunity to have a rewarding and fulfilling job working and helping young people in your local community. If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Additional keywords: Recruitment, NCS, Support, Sales, DBS, Safeguarding
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire and beyond.
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.