At Holiday Inn our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. That's where you come in. When you're part of the IHG brand you're more than just a job title. At Holiday Inn we look for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest's experience an enjoyable one.
Working within the Front Office team you will achieve a high standard of customer care, creating the ultimate customer experience within our busy and vibrant hotel.
Key aspects to the role are as follows:
- To be fully conversant with the facilities, services and special promotions offered by the hotel and to pass this information on to the guest whenever the possibility arises in order to maximise hotel sales.
- Be aware of the hotel availability and that every opportunity to maximise room sales is taken.
- To have a full working knowledge of the IHG Rewards Club programme and its benefits - taking every opportunity to enrol new members as well as meeting various targets within the team.
- Whenever possible to anticipate guest's needs, to be aware of all written and spoken requests, to carry out these requests in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Ensure a sound knowledge of the local area regarding history, places of interest and special events and where further information can be obtained.
- Operate the hotel switchboard and deal with all internal and external calls, according to procedure.
- Ensure that all charges are correctly posted to the guest's bills following the standard procedures, dealing with cash, cheque and credit transactions ensuring any discrepancies are reported immediately.
- Ensure the float handed over is checked and correct.
The successful applicant must have previous experience as a
- Receptionist within a hospitality environment, minimum 6 months and be able to work 12 hours on a 4 on 4 off shift basis on any day of the week.
- Customer service & cash handling experience is essential.
- Working knowledge of Opera would be a benefit however not necessary for the role
If this sounds like you and sounds like somewhere you want to work then please apply below!
In exchange for your hard work and dedication we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes: -
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Enrolment to The People's Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free meals when on duty
- Discounted Room Rates across theIHG Brand plus discounted Food and Beverage when using this benefit.
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity please click 'apply' below.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'