Raw Materials and Packaging Quality Auditor
Gosh! is on a plant-fuelled mission to tickle the taste buds of the nation, with our delicious bites, burgers and sausages. We celebrate the flavours that Mother Nature has given us and make all products using natural ingredients only (no additives, no preservatives, no chemicals at all!). Our products are all vegan friendly and free-from allergens, but above all great tasting. We’re an ambitious bunch and our brand purpose is to revolutionise the way the world thinks of plant-based food. We’re determined to get everyone, from vegans to meat lovers, to enjoy Gosh!
We are a rapidly expanding business in one of the most dynamic and fastest growing categories within FMCG. We have a down to earth and entrepreneurial ethos, where we are given the freedom to shape the future of the business. As a result of this growth we are now looking to fill the above newly generated role.
Being a relatively small team still, we are willing to get our hands dirty to achieve our goals. Attributes that we hold in high regard are an ability to get things done quickly, work well as part of a team and fit in with our friendly, hardworking and supportive culture.
We supply all the major UK grocery retailers and have recently started to export products into Europe. All our products are produced at our headquarters in Milton Keynes and this is where this role is based.
For more information about Gosh! please visit www.goshfood.com
Reporting to the Quality Manager, key accountabilities will be to:
- Develop and implement a raw materials sampling plan and then maintain raw materials sampling plan schedule and escalate any out of spec results to Quality & Supply Chain Department
- Ensure all raw material deliveries, including packaging, are received against Gosh! & customer specifications.
- Sign off of new packaging against the agreed artwork and keep a reference library
- Liaise with raw material suppliers, raise non-conformances as appropriate and verify corrective/preventative actions to lead to an overall reduction in raw material related issues. Hold meetings with suppliers on repeated issues.
- Complete complaint investigation, traceability and associated reports related to raw material issues.
- Assist Quality Manager / Purchasing/ Specification Manager with conducting periodic supplier reviews.
- Develop a vendor rating programme for raw material and packaging suppliers.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement within the current raw materials base
- Support new raw material approval against proposed specification working with technical and NPD
- Develop and implement QAS sheets for raw materials and inspect against these in agreement with the suppliers.
- Highlight any Non - conformity material to cross-functional departments with an agreed action plan.
- Support and cover other QA tasks as required by the QA manager.
- Complete all offline tasks as required.
- To train as factory QA to cover holidays
Skills and experience include:
- Must have previous experience of raw materials and packaging QA
- Experience in a chilled prepared food manufacturer or with other complex food products
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal with suppliers.
- Excellent organisational skills, skilled at time management
- Excellent standard of written English and Numeracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good IT skills- data entry, report writing (graphs & charts) QAS
It is expected this role will be Monday - Friday 6:00am-2:00pm however as part of this role is to provide a level of holiday cover for the main QA team there will be the need to change hours across all 4 shift patterns to facilitate this as required.
No agencies or recruiters - direct applicants only.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'