Colliers International is a leading commercial real estate services company, providing a full range of services to real estate occupiers, developers and investors on a local, national and international basis. Services include brokerage sales and leasing (landlord and tenant representation), real estate management, valuation, consulting, project management, project marketing and research. We provide our services across the core sectors (office, industrial, retail and hotel) as well as many specialised property types.
The UK business is headquartered in London, with 800 specialists throughout 12 offices across the UK and Ireland.
The purpose of the role is to assist the rating team, on specific rating appeal work. Additionally, to assist with the management of clients’ portfolios and to support the team in identifying and generating new business.
- Providing all members of the Rating team with support for their professional work
- Undertaking inspections and surveys of clients properties to include all property classes
- Assisting in the management of client portfolio, including database management and the serving of appeals
- Researching rateable values and preparing schedules of rental evidence
- Liaising with the Valuation Office representatives and accompanying them on inspections of client properties
- Preparing formal written documents in support of appeal work
- Promoting the work of the rating team and liaising with internal teams
- Dealing with client queries when necessary, and ensuring that client queries are dealt with in a professional and proactive manner
- Conducting professional work for clients and ensuring that all relevant reporting requirements are met to agreed deadlines; and in accordance with RICS regulatory compliance standards and Colliers International Best Practice standards
- Seeking opportunities to develop new business including cross-selling and identification of new business
- Maintaining contact with clients and Client Co-ordinators so that the client relationship can be managed effectively and efficiently
- Assisting with the generation of fee income to meet team and Business Group targets and to provide new ideas for the generation of fee income
- Undertaking all assessment requirements from both Colliers International and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors so that professional accreditation is obtained within the required period
- The candidate will be expected to fulfil RICS requirements regarding Continuing Professional Development.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Must possess sound IT skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Very good written and verbal communication skills?
Qualifications and experience
- A relevant qualification
- Business rates management experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job