Our Client manufactures specialities in the UK Life Sciences sector with a strong emphasis on NPD and commercial product launches.
They are now seeking an R&D Innovation & NPD Manager. The position will be based in Redditch, Worcestershire and is a full-time permanent role.
- Overseeing the entire development process for new products in the Life Sciences sector (and Industrial sectors)
- Collaborating with Strategic Insights and Sales teams, evaluating ideas, planning and executing product development through to test marketing
- Transferring technology from the laboratory into the pilot plant and then to manufacturing
- Managing a GLP environment with respect to health, safety, R&D process and documenting activities to protect Intellectual Property
- Providing leadership and mentoring to the technical team creating a culture supporting innovation and entrepreneurial activity
- Member of the management team, reporting on technical matters important to the strategic future of the business.
- Manage and report on the Innovation NPD process
- Direct technical support to create solutions
- Collaborate with business leaders to understand market needs, evaluate ideas, provide support and offer commercially relevant technical solutions
- Collaborate with Strategic Insights and Sales and lead the technical responsibilities in identifying technical solutions
- Responsible for the technical knowledge of the technical team
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- Suggest training tools to enhance employee performance and skill development
- Responsible to verify that all procedures, protocols and instructions are being maintained
- Responsible to put in place and report on KPIs for the projects
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge across relevant scientific fields
- Is responsible for the coordination of product development activities as per customer specifications and transfer of technology to production
- Responsible that the technology team meet company objectives
- Responsible that all projects meet the deadlines, specifications and budgets.
- Review and analyse costs to identify and implement cost improvements
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree (or equivalent) in a scientific subject
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills with the ability to motivate and inspire employees
- Experience in the Personal Care, Nutrition or Pharmaceutical Industries is very desirable. (Candidates are also invited to apply who are in a similar role in the Industrial Coatings sector)
- Experience of successful commercialisation of NPD projects
- Product formulation experience
- Experience of IP and patent documentation is desirable
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent ICT skills
- There will be a requirement for moderate domestic and international travel for short periods of time throughout the year
In return, our Client is offering a competitive package including a basic salary of £65,000 - £70,000 per annum (salary is negotiable and dependent on experience) plus benefits including bonus, private healthcare, pension scheme and five weeks holiday.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.
- Managerial Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'