Westray recruitment consultants have the pleasure of working with the world leader in the supply of environmental analysis technologies. The company has a rich history of innovations and research. They are looking to recruit an experienced Quality Manager for their global headquarters in Gateshead.
- Ensure compliance of quality control by interfacing with internal and external customers to ensure quality requirements are understood and achieved
- Support the creation of Inspection Control Plans
- Support the first off / last off process and AQL inspection process to ensure all quality requirements are recorded and reviewed for compliance
- Conduct final inspection to ensure all components meet specification
- Undertake cause and effect analysis, identify corrective and preventative actions and report results
- Lead Health and Safety activities in production including conducting COSHH and Risk assessments, audits, monitoring and reporting on 5S.
- Conduct quality audits and report the findings to improve the quality culture
- Support the development and implementation of improvements to the quality management system in accordance with industry best practice
- Provide training to improve quality, process and systems knowledge and safe working practices
- Conduct goods in inspection to ensure all products provided by external suppliers adhere to quality standards
- Liaise with the supply chain function relative to the use of raw materials and respond to issues found
- Support the development, implementation and improvement of appropriate quality management systems, quality procedures, operator methods and quality documentation
- Sign off measurement and inspection reports
- Report and close non-conformances
- Deal with customer complaint investigations
- The ideal candidate will be a self starter with a proactive attitude
- Strong experience working in a Quality role (Senior Inspector / Technician grade or higher)
- A background manufacturing
- Able to read, understand and deploy the clauses contained within various quality standards
- The ability to influence people
- Understanding of statistical process control
- Previous use of Quality tools
- The ability to create procedures, work instructions and standard operating procedures
- A thorough understanding of problem-solving
- Auditing quality systems
This is a permanent position working day shift, which is 7.30am to 4pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30am to 1.30pm on Friday.
The role offers a salary between £28K and £30K per annum, along with 25 day's annual leave plus stat, as well as a company bonus scheme.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Michael O'Neill to find out more information on this position. He is contactable on or at