I am now looking to recruit a Quality Manager for a organisation based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. This position in brand new to market and is only being advertised by Michael Page Recruitment. This business is small but profitable organisation and as the Quality Manager you will own and manage all quality management systems, shop floor activities and will be responsible for quality of products delivered.
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire my client are an engineering/manufacturing business who supply products across the UK. They currently employ circa 80 employees but do have future growth plans in sight. With a stout order book and strong reputation for quality of products delivered they are now looking to recruit a Quality Manager due to retirement within the business.
Reporting directly into the Operations Director as the Quality Manager you will play a pivotal part in driving improvements across shop floor and implementing new systems to improve quality of products and decrease defects at the Sheffield site.
Main Duties of the role
- Management of Inspection, Quality Assurance and Quality Control maintaining quality standards as required within the business.
- Assist the Managing Director with the development of the company quality system.
- Day to day management of the effectiveness of the quality management system to ISO9001 standard.
- Day to day management of all shop floor quality improvements and implement new ideas.
- Performing supplier quality assurance audits if and when required.
- Developing corrective actions to support supplier problems and failures, suggesting modifications and corrective actions by suppliers to meet customer specifications and standards.
- Create and sustain a culture that is based on continuous improvement within the organisation..
- Take lead responsibility for all quality issues and develop a plan to resolve these.
- Conduct studies to determine cause, effect and the corrective measure required to remedy the deviation.
- Lead Auditor for internal audits - create and maintain internal audit system.
- Ensure that all departmental employees are fully aware of their responsibilities in line with the company quality.
- Ensuring that products and services meet customer needs and expectations to fulfil company quality objectives.
Due to this being within a small but growing engineering/manufacturing business you will need to live within a commutable distance of Sheffield, South Yorkshire as you may be required to work flexible hours.
You should have
- Working knowledge of quality procedures and manufacturing processes.
- Strong Quality Management background within a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of quality standards including ISO9001.
- A good understanding of materials, metallurgy or metals would be advantageous but not essential.
- Strong character with the ability to drive improvements.
As the Quality Manager you will be given a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 depending on background experience and a company bonus may be payable. You will work flexible hours but mainly days, Monday-Friday. There is not a car with this position but any visits will be compensated. You will also have the opportunity to progress within the business.