Vacancy: Quality Inspector
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
We are working in partnership with our client, a prestigious engineering company based in Corby who have a strong background in Industrial Engineering, Aerospace and Oil & Gas.
They are currently seeking an experienced Quality Inspector who has a strong background in hands on inspection as well as dealing with audits from blue chip organisations - the role will be 60% workshop based and 40% office based. Some national / international travel will be required on occasion for training purposes.
- Perform inspection by using a variety of inspection measuring and test equipment to determine acceptance or rejection of material or parts.
- Interpret and work within the guideline of drawings, specifications, charts, procedures and other data to determine acceptance or rejection of materials or parts.
- Assist in the review and disposition of non-conforming material, including dispositions or rework, scrap and return to supplier.
- Maintain accurate and current inspection and/or testing records such as, but not limited to Material Certifications, Inspection/Test Results and Reports, Certificates of Conformance, Traceability Logs, Rejection Reports/Tags, as required by the applicable procedure and/or specification.
- Interface with and assist customer / government source inspectors and auditors, as necessary.
- Coordinate and inform other departments of inspection and/or testing status in support of production and project goals and initiatives
- Perform calibration on inspection/test equipment used to support product acceptance
- Promote and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- May also perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 3-5 years engineering inspection experience
- Ability to perform semi-complex dimensional detail part inspection
- Ability to use inspection equipment; such as: Surface Plate, Height Gage, Comparator, Hand tools, gauges, etc.
- Ability to perform detailed review of documentation/certification to requirements
- Ability to apply visual inspection techniques
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in and promote a team environment.
- Software/Computer (ie. Microsoft applications)
- Flexible to accept other assignments
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) knowledge and use
- Gage calibration knowledge and techniques (preferred)
To apply for the above role, please click below or send your CV to today!