Job Title: Quality Engineering Technician
Salary: £18,000pa - £20,000pa + Excellent benefits
Location: Burgess Hill (outskirts)
We are delighted to be working alongside our client, who is based on the outskirts of Burgess Hill, in their search for a Quality Engineering Technician.
- Assessment of conformance on prototypes and factory samples to specifications and standards.
- Testing to specification of development prototype samples and recording results
- Testing and inspection to specification of production, recording the results and report writing
- Testing and inspection of OEM samples from suppliers around the world, recording results and report writing
- Improvement recommendations on product design and manufacturing.
- Assist the engineering team in early product quality assessment and specifications.
- Maintain the laboratory equipment and tidiness.
- Improvement of the test techniques at internal R&D and test lab.
- Communication about conformity and performance of products with stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Affinity with RF products and design of such products.
- Well organized and structured worker able to maintain consistent administration processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The following equipment will be used in this role for the evaluations:
- Vector Network Analysers, Spectrum analysers and CRO's
- Environmental test chamber (salt spray) and temperature chambers (humidity and heat)
- EMC test equipment including GTEM Cell, Absorbing Clamp and Comet Tube
- Surge, Hum and Intermodulation test rigs
- Material analysis: X-ray chromatography
- Mechanical connector force and cable flex testers
- At least 2 years working in a test environment
- Must be able to follow a test specification and complete a test report independently
- Experience of RF testing and use of VNA's is highly advantageous
- Must be a good communicator, be organised and demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving.
- Soldering skills are advantageous
ONC/OND in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent
Own transport will be required for this position due to the location
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.