Our client is at the forefront of the niche manufacturing sector and currently expanding their quality team. The successful candidate will be expected to perform inspection and testing duties in order to ensure manufactured product conforms to specification and meets all anticipated customer requirements.
- Perform first article inspections to support the component qualification process.
- File incoming component inspection history records.
- Manage and maintain the calibration equipment in accordance with ISO9001:2008
- Audit and monitor quality requirements in accordance with the company quality assurance policies and customer specifications.
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies as per Inspection Plans and Specification Requirements.
- Initiate Non-Conformance reports (SPQR’s) as required
- Participate in the investigation of customer complaints.
- Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs.
- Management and documentation of standard work.
- Perform any other reasonable duties, as requested from time to time by Management
- Abide by the Core Values and Code of Ethics and strive to meet and exceed the Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) commitments.
- Possess an understanding of processes involved in sheet metal fabrication.
- Must demonstrate practical, hands on approach to problem solving.
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate at all levels.
- Be able to work in a demanding environment.
- Be able to work effectively within multifunctional teams and individually.
- Be computer literate and able to use Excel & Word packages.
- Educated to a good GCSE level or equivalent.
- Quality experience not essential but must be able to demonstrate practical skills and willingness to learn.
- Hours of work: 6am - 2pm or 2pm - 10pm (Monday to Thursday) and Friday 6am - 1pm or 1pm - 8pm