Quality Assurance Engineer - Selenium
Our client is a fast-paced and rapidly expanding company. The in-house development team is responsible for delivering high quality software solutions against strict scheduled deadlines using the latest technologies.
The QA Engineer will work in a collaborative and innovative environment where design and implementation are both pragmatic and creative. Our client has a small team which will grow in number this year. They need ideas and energy to help the team drive the business forward with new websites, enterprise web applications, architecture and process tools.
They have a technically agnostic approach to development which embraces C#, Angular, Python, Mongo DB, SqlServer, MySQL and various other technologies.
They value learning, invention and creativity and want to create a team that is highly motivated and productive.
• Test new and existing software produced by the development team
• Analyse, collate and present results and findings from all testing completed
• Document and prepare testing scripts ensuring they remain up to date with all changes and enhancements
• Analyse design specifications in order to produce comprehensive test scripts and scenarios for expected results to be performed manually and using automated testing tools
• Perform regression testing of new and existing software applications to identify any possible impacts caused by changes
• Write and maintain automated GUI tests
• Produce and report on performance testing
• Write and maintain API tests (Restful and SOAP)
• Produce test plans
Personal Qualities & Key Skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work independently and within a team -and to multi-task
• Ability to work under pressure
• Evaluate risk and make good decisions
• Flexible and willing to accept changing priorities
Technical Skills and Qualifications
• Proven commercial experience (3+ years)
• Experience of Selenium webdriver
• Should be comfortable writing code in at least one programming language
• Understanding of APIs (Restful and SOAP)
• Familiarity with testing frameworks
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
• Ability to write simple database queries (SQL/MySql)
• Experience of configuring IIS
• Experience of writing performance tests
Hours: 40 hours per week -Monday to Friday
Benefits include; 22 days starting holiday entitlement, Pension Scheme, Private Medical Insurance, Gadget Insurance, Cycle to Work Scheme.