QC Sample Reception Technologist - Porton Down - Circa £18k
Job Title: QC Sample Reception Technologist
Location: Porton Down, Wiltshire
Salary: Circa £18k
Our client has approximately 280 staff, performing a range of production, quality and development roles within pharmaceutical production, process and analytical development, quality control and quality assurance. Providing a sample reception service for cGMP activities across the site and for third party contracts.
The main responsibility for the post holder is to receive and log samples requiring testing, Tracking forms or samples as necessary. Ensuring that all documentation is filed, archived and handled to cGMP standards. Also, any samples passing through sample reception are stored and handled to cGMP standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise activities in QC Sample Reception
- Communicate with internal customers to ensure samples are processed accurately and efficiently. Results are provided when available and liaise when testing schedules change.
- The post holder will be responsible for receiving, checking and logging all samples onto a specific database.
- Distribute test samples to specific QC labs or despatching samples to external test facilities.
- Receive QC forms for splitting, filing and distribution to batch review or named individual.
- Check the database to answer queries on sample progress or status.
- Responsible for cleaning and monitoring of equipment in QC reception area to Standard Operating Procedure.
- When required train any member of staff in the daily routine of the reception area and use of the database.
- Ensure the Examination Request Form archiving system is maintained and up to date at all times.
- Work effectively within the quality control team and organise work schedule to ensure adequate cover for sample reception.
- Support Biological Services Group activities when required
- To maintain an up to date awareness of regulatory and scientific advances by attending training courses or meetings that contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of staff training and working practices that are beneficial to the post holders development.
- In line with overall responsibilities, to perform any other tasks assigned, or objectives set, by the line manager.
- To undertake all work in accordance with Code of Safety Practice and Quality Systems
- To comply with all policies and procedures
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
- Scientific Background
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job