Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
We are looking to recruit a QA Inspector to support the QA function on site, to undertake routine testing and inspection and to ensure compliance with quality systems and customer requirements. The person recruited must have a flexible approach to work since they will also be required to help support the production shifts in emergencies. You will therefore work as part of a small team ensure that production targets are achieved and must be willing to be trained on all aspects of the job from booking in, planning and inspection and release. Training shall be provided at other Bodycote locations so the successful candidate must be willing to travel and stay over when necessary.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Contract review of customer product.
- Routine Inspection.
- Customer contact with regard to deliveries, collections and progress reports.
- Preparation and release of goods that have met and satisfied the contract requirements.
- Control and organisation of all future transport requirements.
- Internal & External Audit Participation - Nadcap & AS9100.
- Review of calibrations, surveys, consumables, for Compliance Manage and participate in Furnace Temperature Surveys.
- Manage and participate in final release of customer product Comply with all relevant SHE systems that are in place.
- Maintain good working practices and housekeeping.
- Supplier test reviews Coordinate new product introduction (NPI)
Education, Skills and Experience
- Good general education required with excellent numerate skills.
- Minimum of five GCSE’s (Grade C and above) or equivalent including English, Mathematics and Science.
- Good attention to detail and accurate working required.
- Good understanding of computers and spreadsheets.
- Experience in heat treatment of metals or metal processing.
- Driving Licence essential to enable van collections / deliveries when required. Must be willing to learn new skills and work independently.
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your careerat Bodycote. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application. The closing date for applications is 22/04/2018.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job