An exciting opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Assistant has arisen for a Global Distribution company based in Kent. The main key responsibilities are as follows:
- Purchasing materials required as highlighted through MRP and forecasting/operation plans. PO ownership.
- Expediting orders and updating the info on ASC for Warehouse, MRP and Accounts
- Demand planning and management of raw materials and packaging through Inventory Report
- Sourcing new and alternative suppliers in conjunction with senior Purchasing Managers
- Liaising with Project Coordinator, Technical and Quality in relation to key projects
- Liaising with Freight Forwarders for clearance and delivery of raw materials
- Chasing information from suppliers, sales and project teams where necessary for key projects
- Leading and assisting with Purchasing Team projects to drive cost savings
- Cover for Purchasing Manager when out of office
- Monthly Price File coordination
- Issuing raw material prices to the accounts team for individual costings
- Order creation and sending to suppliers
- Order filing
- Planning & warehouse liaison for paperwork /delivery queries
- Support for business reporting
- Data cleansing in the system for MRP maintenance
- SOP Purchasing update support
Other admin activities to support Purchasing Function. You will have previous Purchasing or MRP Systems experience. Great problem solving skills and able to work independently and be able to manage time effectively. Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'