One of our very well established clients in Witham are looking for a Purchasing and Buyer Assistant to join their team. This is an office based role assisting the purchasing team with their day to day duties and ensuring they are following all necessary procedures to successfully carry out tasks.
- Review Supplier order confirmations.
- Process and categorise samples and prototypes received from Suppliers.
- Assist with carrying out quality control checks and raising any issues to the Buyer.
- Submit and process documentation for Customs clearance and imports.
- Obtaining quotes and negotiating prices for new and existing products.
- Communicating new products to the Sales and Marketing departments.
- Managing supplier issues and carrying out quality checks where necessary.
- General Administration.
- Proven experience of working in a customer facing supply chain role. Ideally in a product-based industry in either Supply Chain, Logistics or Purchasing.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- High standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Monday - Friday
- Permanent Position.
- £22 - £26k
At Pyramid Recruitment we would love to provide feedback to every applicant that submits an application to our advert, however this is not always achievable due to the high volumes of applications we receive. We kindly ask that if you have not heard back from us within five days of submitting an application to note your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. Pyramid Recruitment Services ltd are acting as an employment agency for the advertised role. The Pyramid team of consultants are all experts in their field of recruitment, these include, but not exclusively, engineering, back office staff, management, sales and temporary staffing solutions. The Pyramid team has a number of years’ experience helping find the right positions for their candidates and the right people for their clients. The consultants are all passionate about delivering a professional and efficient service. With a centrally located office in Colchester we are well equipped to assist with staffing requirements (both temporary and permanent) throughout Essex and Suffolk, across a wide range of sectors.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job