Purchasing Analyst – Supply Chain
Location: Crayford, Kent, DA1
Our client is a multi-national aftermarket motorcycle parts manufacturer and distributor and international market brand leader within their Head Office in Crayford, Kent.
Purpose of the Purchasing Analyst:
To plan and analyse supply and demand changes within our supply chain and provide intelligent reporting of trends. To evaluate costs as well as manage purchasing performance based on service and availability.
We are looking for a Purchasing Analyst to work within a team to perfect our business practices in order to achieve our business goals. Our ideal candidate is pro-active, goal orientated and has a passion for improvement.
Main Responsibilities of the Purchasing Analyst:
- To track key performance metrics, identify and improving any weakness.
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in data sets.
- Monitor and provide statistics for supplier OTIF and lead time changes.
- Administer everyday business activities to ensure maintenance of all supply in the business.
- Create overstock and understock analysis reporting.
- Deliver weekly and monthly briefs, updates and reports.
- Monitor supplier performance.
- Effective day to day communication between your team and manager.
- To maintain the analytical tools and processes used within the business and suggest improvement if necessary.
From time to time your manager may ask you to undertake reasonable tasks not stated within this role but commensurate with your position.
The company also reserves the right to review and update this profile to reflect the changing needs of the job. However, any significant changes will be discussed in consultation with you.
Requirements of the Purchasing Analyst:
- Strong background in data and statistics
- Ability to identify patterns and model scenarios.
- Product buying, product purchasing and forecasting experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including V-Lookup and Pivots), and have a high level of numerical and verbal reasoning.
- Previous experience within an analytical role
- The ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Very strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Educated to A Level/HNC/Diploma/Degree level, or has qualifications in Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply, or equivalent level of experience.
- The ability to develop in-depth knowledge about our products and markets
If you have exceptional analytical skills, are highly motivated and numerically astute, we would like to meet you.
- Working hours are 37.5 per week
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus scheme
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Purchasing Analyst role please apply with a copy of your most up to date CV, along with a covering letter with salary expectations!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job