Our client, an established and growing business in the North Nottinghamshire area is looking for a experienced Purchase Ledger Manager to join their Finance team. As the Purchase Ledger Manager, you will mainly be responsible for managing a large team of Purchase Ledger Coordinators and Clerks within a busy accounts environment all of who handle high volumes on a daily basis. The role is predominantly staff management including coaching and supporting staff to maximise their performance and ensure policies and procedures are met. Key to this role will be your ability to manage relationships within your team, ensuring that staff are managed, motivated and developed to the best of their ability.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of the Purchase Ledger team, ensuring work is completed and resources are allocated efficiently, in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Ensure data integrity of the Purchase Ledger, minimising unallocated cash, debit balances and ledger inaccuracies. Supplier statements must be reconciled regularly, with any discrepancies fully investigated and resolved.
- Process regular payment runs, ensuring suppliers are paid on the appropriate run in accordance with agreed terms.
- Oversee the Intercompany process, ensuring that AP invoices are settled promptly
- Prepare accurate and timely cashflow forecasts for the Financial Accounts team.
- Own the achievement of team KPI's, ensure objectives and targets are agreed with team members, monitor performance regularly and address issues promptly.
- Develop an engaged workforce, motivate them through regular briefings, encouraging positivity and communication.
- Ensure effective business partnering by providing and communicating AP processes and performance to the business.
- Experience in a busy Purchase Ledger environment.
- Experience of staff management.
- Ability to review processes and implement positive change.
- Good computer and excel skills.
- Good telephone manner and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Efficient and organised.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Experience of working in multi-site locations.
On offer is the chance to work for a Multi national business within a family culture. On offer is a basic salary between £30,000 - £35,000.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you please do get in touch ASAP.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.