Marc Daniels is currently recruiting on behalf of a well-known company who are looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Manager to join their Finance Department based in Maidenhead. Key Responsibilities include:
- Maximising cash-flow through active customer relationships; liaising with the business to ensure timely and efficient payment of suppliers taking into consideration agreed payment terms.
- Taking an involved role in the maintenance and support of the purchase ledger ensuring integrity in underlying accounting records in particular taking care to maximise VAT reclaimable
- Assisting in the management for a smooth end-to-end Purchase to Pay system
- Managing the creation, authorisation and accuracy of supplier master data
- Managing due dates to assist the Treasury Department with cash-flow
- Recommend weekly payment runs and reconciliations
- Ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures taking into account legislative and regulatory responsibilities
- Documenting and reviewing all Accounts Payable processes to drive improvements and ensure that the team remains efficient
- Assisting in the development of and reporting on team Key Performance Indicators, ensuring the team are focused on efficiency's and delivery of a first-class Accounts Payable function
- Prioritising day to day responsibilities across the team to deliver excellent support for the business.
- Organising tasks to ensure activities are controlled, timely and in line with Company procedures
- Involvement in various Company projects impacting the area and undertaking other reasonable duties as requested by the Senior Financial Controller.
- Responsible for the day to day management of a small Purchase Ledger team and supporting the management of the wider team.
- Overseeing, mentoring & developing the team; including managing day-to-day activities & workload, assessing performance & conducting performance reviews
The ideal candidate will be IT Literate - proficient in the use of MS Office including advanced MS Excel skills with experience in pivot tables. V-look-ups and filters etc, have experience of the Purchase Ledger cycle to include processing reconciliation and payments at an advanced level and have a driving license and use of a car to be able to occasionally travel off-site for meetings.
- Purchase Ledger Manager