Property Wordings Technician
Lockton is the largest private owned global insurance broker in the world, with an enviable record of growth over the over the last few years. They operate out of multiple territories and have an international branch network. Dealing with both retail and wholesale clients, Lockton operates a culture that is unique which emanates from the entrepreneurial spirit of its senior management and the flat structure in which the organisation operates.
The business model and the executive team encourage empowerment and visibility, creating a cohesive, professional and focused environment. As a partnership led business, there is more emphasis on collaboration and accountability across all business units.
The UK & Ireland operations have approximately 950 FTE across a network of branches and a further 1000 FTE predominately based out of the Middle East, Asia and Latin America. The Head Office is in London and the majority of the central service functions are based from there.
The business has achieved significant success in recent years with strong organic growth and positive client and employee feedback. The internal culture of the organisation is recognised as a key differentiator and the quality of service delivery is highly rated by clients. To maintain these high standards Lockton is looking at succession planning and is investing in talent for the future.
With this in mind Lockton requires an experienced Property Wordings Technician to provide advice and guidance in respect of wordings and policy documentation giving support and guidance relative to the Property Team. This position is suitable for an individual with a good basis in Property policy wordings with a focus towards US business
The key areas of responsibility within the role include:
• Drafting bespoke wordings, package and standard policies, certificates and endorsements using applicable computer systems.
• Provide assistance to broking teams with drafting of slips/endorsements when required.
• Establishment of slip and wording templates for use.
• Obtain agreement of wordings with Underwriters.
• Maintenance of wording database to capture work in progress.
• Policy production, analysis, comparison and reporting.
• Maintain Client liaison in accordance to clients’ requirements.
• Assist with other team members as required.
Suitable candidates for the role will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Previous experience of building, reviewing and adding clauses to International Property wordings
• An understanding of the general, legal principles of insurance.
• Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation.
• An understanding of regulatory controls and procedures relating to both commercial and retail customers, if applicable.