PROPERTY SOLICITOR - 9MTH FTC - SALISBURY
We are looking to recruit a Property Solicitor for our client, a market leading Financial Services company based in Salisbury.
The Property Department manages the purchase and sale of properties held on behalf of pension members, as well as dealing with any issues that arise during the time the property is held within the SIPP. The Legal Team supports the overall objectives of the Property Department and ensures policies regarding risk are implemented and that property transactions comply with legal and pension regulations and law.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for the Property Solicitor:
- To review all legal and title documentation, mortgage documentation etc. provided by Transferor solicitors, ensuring that the properties are suitable for transfer, correct records are generated and adequate legal protection is provided to both our client and the Pension Fund Members, reporting and advising on rectification as appropriate.
- To give guidance to professional Advisers, Solicitors, Accountants and Life Offices to explain procedures and requirements involved with Trustee ownership of property.
- To provide legal advice, information and risk mitigation measures to the administrators within the Property Department.
- To review valuations reports and environmental reports to ensure HMRC and company policies are followed and ensuring adequate protection is given.
- Give guidance to Surveyors/Valuers in respect of valuations prepared on our behalf.
- To co-ordinate the various agencies involved in the purchase/transfer of properties to make the processes run as smoothly as possible for all concerned and ensure compliance with the rules laid down by HM Revenue & Customs and with the policies of our client.
- Identify general areas for improvement in procedures and pass on to the Senior Property Solicitor and/or the Property Department Manager as appropriate
Skills, Knowledge and Experience for the Property Solicitor:
- Qualified legal professional with broad business experience in the commercial property sector
- Excellent verbal, numerical and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High standard of work, accurate record keeping and attention to detail
- Professional and courteous working manner
- Ability to manage own workload and be able to work as part of a team
- Flexibility and a willingness to get involved
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Experience of property litigation
- Previous financial services pension’s administration experience specifically relating to commercial properties attached to SIPPs and SSASs
Please be advised First 2 Recruit Ltd is an employment agency who provide permanent and fixed term contract services only as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CV's received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates, if you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or perceived age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job