Job Role: Property Manager (ref:1561)
Location: South West
Job Sector: Property Services
Hours: 35 per week
As Property Manager, you will contribute to our vision of being the leading residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
• Managing your portfolio of properties to the highest standard.
• Being a role model to others by demonstrating our values.
• Putting the customer at the heart of everything you do.
This role reports to the Regional Manager and will manage a team of up to 30 direct reports.
You will be passionate about providing excellent customer service at all times and this will have been demonstrated through a proven track record. You may already work within the property sector, such experience and knowledge is desired but not essential.
You are an excellent communicator with the ability to negotiate and influence with all customers and stakeholders. Your verbal and written skills will be of a high standard.
You will be a pragmatic problem solver who is proactive in finding the answers to ensure a timely resolve for all customer queries.
You have experience of challenging and/or emergency situations and always remain calm and take the necessary actions with a high standard of professionalism. Health and safety is of great importance to you, and you have experience of performing regular checks and keeping accurate records to ensure everything is kept on track.
You are self-motivated and pro-active, you enjoy working independently but also enjoy having other supportive colleagues you can build relationships with at regular team meetings.
You are IT savvy and are confident in using laptops / tablets and are fluent in the different MS packages.
Your ideal role will be a varied one, where you're not stuck behind a desk all day; You enjoy working with people and helping to make a difference to enhance their lifestyle on a day to day basis. You also will like to travel and meeting new people, having the flexibility to work on an ad hoc basis.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
• As a remote manager, you will be autonomous in managing your own diary. You will visit each property at regular intervals and will need to prioritise sites that require more of your time and attention.
• Liaising with customers and delivering the highest service standards through a well managed and maintained property.
• Conduct surgery meetings with client and customers, encouraging open communication and responding directly to queries, concerns and feedback in line with our guidelines.
• Arrange and facilitate regular meetings with key stakeholders within your portfolio, guiding and positively influencing decisions and disputes
• Ensure estimates of service charges are prepared, reviewed and submitted for billing in line with company expectations including any customer consultation
• Ensure that all property is managed in accordance with key Health and Safety legislation including but not limited to Fire Safety, Asbestos and Legionella / water hygiene control regulations
• Conduct comprehensive site inspections of your portfolio at predefined frequencies and ensure inspection reports are submitted within Company guidelines
• Complete all Fire, Health and Safety risk assessment/site inspection follow up actions within the defined timescales
• Manage contracts with affiliated external Contractors and oversee their performance and scope of work, ensuring it is in line with Health and Safety at Work Regulations, whilst ensuring they meet the needs and expectations of our customers
• Deliver professional and effective management commencement of new schemes into the Company's management
• Ensure portfolio KPI's are achieved throughout the year in line with Four Pillars
Friendly - We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive - We're creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful - We listen, consult and take on-board people's opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people's lives, and act with respect at all times.
Skilled - We've the qualifications, experience and ta
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job