We are now recruiting for a Gas Engineer to cover SP, BA and DT postcodes
Job reference number 78320
Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions is responsible for maintaining and upgrading one of the largest corporate real estates in Europe, with over 2,600 sites. We work to the highest standards to ensure that our buildings follow legal and industrial regulations and that they are safe at all times. It’s our job to support Royal Mail in being the best delivery company in the UK and that it is fit for delivering to 29 million addresses nationwide, six days a week. We are always there to ensure the smooth running of the estate and that everyone plays an important part in making this happen.
Salary: £29,680.05 per annum plus standby-allowance.
37.5 hours per week Full time Typical attendance will be 8am until 4pm Monday to Friday. You will need to be flexible to cover the following postcode areas SP, BA and DT postcode areas. You will be required to join the area stand-by / call out rota to cover out of hours calls on a rotational basis.
We are looking to offer Permanent contracts
What does Excellence look like in this role?
At this grade the technician will provide technical diagnosis and solutions and perform routine maintenance checks in relation to Gas and Hot and Cold Water systems and some electrical maintenance. The role holder will be involved in fault finding, maintenance, repair and installation of these systems and will regularly liaise with customers. Working across a specified region, the role holder must be willing to travel and hold a UK driving license.
Who will this role work with to achieve excellence?
The engineer will report directly into the Field Service Manager and will work with customers, other engineers and sub contractors on a daily basis.
What needs to be done in this role to achieve this?
- Analyse and understanding of complex technical issues in relation to gas and electrical maintenance.
- Manage the delivery of Corrective and Planned Maintenance to meet the performance measures detailed in the contract.
- Liaise with customers’ representatives on a day to day basis to ensure customer requirements are fully met.
- Check and ensure all appropriate and approved paperwork is completed.
- Make personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve cost, quality and contractual objectives
- Identifying and reporting of faults/H&S issues on sites across the estate.
What technical knowledge, skills and experience is required?
- Must hold a Commercial gas qualification/certification either COCN1 or CODNCO1
- You must be a Gas Safe registered Gas engineer
- Applicants will ideally be qualified and accredited by Gas Safe in commercial gas modules to include CKR1, CMET, CEN1 and CIGA1.
- Experience maintaining Gas equipment / pipe work and hot and cold water systems
- Candidates with a 17th edition or supplementary electrical skills will be highly desirable,
- Experience of completing job certificates in an electronic format
- Experience maintaining air conditioning, power doors or dock levellers would be of interest.
- Full Driving License is required, as this vacancy will involve travel within a specified area for which a van will be provided.
- Demonstrable experience of liaising with customers
- Experience of working alone or as part of a team
- A good level of PC literacy
- Acts as a role model for safety, setting positive examples to peers
- Keeps customers informed on progress and outcomes
- Willing to share expertise and knowledge
- Committed to personal development
- Strives to deliver beyond expectations
- Enthusiastic and committed to the task at hand
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
Facilities, Electrical, Engineer, Operations, Engineering