The construction boom is in full flight in the North East! Our client is a leading Construction Main Contractor working on outstanding projects for blue chip clients nationwide. They have recently secured a £30m Student Accommodation project. We are actively looking for a Project Manager for a start in early 2019!
- Plan the delivery of the project at hand.
- Main point of contact for the Client team.
- Responsible for overall management of programming.
- Oversee the management of the day-to-day working on site.
- Report progress on projects, including financial reporting with assistance of the team.
- To direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve project completion on time, to specification and within budget.
- Monitor that the Site and Engineering Team order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives.
- Oversee the Daily supervision and co-ordination of on-site staff, sub-contractors, plant and materials including Information management / meticulous record keeping of all relevant paperwork.
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Maintain strict quality control procedures, conduct regular site safety checks, Tool box talks and inductions.
- Ensure that staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes of managers leading to provision of a working environment that engenders high morale.
Experience and Qualifications:
Applicants must have experience working in the construction industry, preferably with student accommodation build knowledge, as well as in the management of H&S.
Applicants will ideally have experience of managing all aspects of the build process as well as up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation
- SMSTS and First Aid at Work
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong team leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to think ahead
- Proven Longevity with Previous Employers
Our client offers industry leading project work, career development and packages. If you are interested in this vacancy e-mail your CV to Ken Phillips at the e-mail address: professional@uklgroup. com.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'