Project Manager - Financial Services
London base location with travel
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group. Our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation strategy, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Financial Services is Capgemini’s largest sector. We work with over half of the world’s largest banks and two thirds of the world’s largest insurance companies. The Financial Services market is Capgemini Consulting’s fastest growing market in the UK, driven by our growth in digital banking due to regulatory pressures, efficiency concerns and the need to overhaul legacy technology platforms.
The focus of your role
Your role will be to engage with our Financial Services clients to design, initiate and deliver projects and programmes across a breadth of regulatory and business change initiatives. You will manage cross-functional teams to ensure that the scope and direction of these initiatives remain on track to deliver first class outcomes for our clients.
What you’ll do
Dependent on your prior experience and skills, Capgemini will invest in your development to enable you to:
- Work effectively with key stakeholders to define and document project scope, objectives, outcomes and risks
- Plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of project delivery
- Monitor and manage project progress and develop innovative solutions to overcome blockages
- Lead projects from inception through to successful closure/ hand back to the business
- Further advance your project management and consulting skills
Our Project Management Consultants are at the heart of our delivery teams enabling clients to successfully transform. They develop new skills and rapidly build experience of the clients and the industries we support. They often bring new ideas and help drive our digital innovation agenda.
What you’ll bring
You’ll be a talented project manager with exceptional client-facing skills and a drive for delivering quality results. You should have worked in the banking or insurance sectors and you will be knowledgeable of the trends and challenges affecting the UK Financial Services market. Prior consulting experience and/or familiarity with some of the relevant supporting methodologies would be of benefit.
We maintain increasingly high standards for our project managers and consultants and in all cases, we require candidates with:
- Proven intellectual strength. You’ll be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent presentation and articulation skills. You’ll demonstrate outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex problems or solutions.
Specifically, we’re looking for candidates whose experience best matches the following:
- Experience of designing and managing end to end projects within either UK Retail Banking, General Insurance, Life & Pensions, Wealth, financial infrastructure, fintech, digital start up or in a payments/cards company
- Experience of a range of regulatory and business change projects such as remediation/rectification, transformation, divestment, simplification, customer experience and digital projects
- Proven project delivery experience using a variety ofproject management methodologies such as Prince2, PMI, Agile, Scrum, Six Sigma
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job